I am pleased to announce the release of MimeKit 1.14!
See below for a list of new features and bug fixes.
MimeKit is a C# library which may be used for the creation and parsing of messages using the Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension (MIME), as defined by numerous IETF specifications.
MimeKit features an extremely robust high-performance parser designed to be able to preserve byte-for-byte information allowing developers to re-seralize the parsed messages back to a stream exactly as the parser found them. It also features integrated DKIM-Signature, S/MIME v3.2, OpenPGP and MS-TNEF support.
Built on top of .NET, MimeKit can be used with any of the .NET languages including C#, VB.NET, F#, and more. It will also run on any platform that Mono or the new .NET Core runtime have been ported to including Windows, Linux, Mac OS, Windows Phone, Apple TV, Apple Watch, iPhone/iPad, Xbox, PlayStation, and Android devices.
Noteworthy changes in version 1.14
- Added International Domain Name support for email addresses.
- Added a work-around for mailers that didn't provide a disposition value in a Content-Disposition header.
- Added a work-around for mailers that quote the disposition value in a Content-Disposition header.
- Added automatic key retrieval functionality for the GnuPG crypto context.
- Added a virtual DigestSigner property to DkimSigner so that consumers can hook into services such as Azure. (issue #296)
- Fixed a bug in the MimeFilterBase.SaveRemainingInput() logic.
- Preserve munged From-lines at the start of message/rfc822 parts.
- Map code page 50220 to iso-2022-jp.
- Format Reply-To and Sender headers as address headers when using Header.SetValue().
- Fixed MimeMessage.CreateFromMailMessage() to set the MIME-Version header. (issue #290)
Installing via NuGet
The easiest way to install MimeKit is via NuGet.
In Visual Studio's Package Manager Console, simply enter the following command:
Getting the Source Code
First, you'll need to clone MimeKit from my GitHub repository. To do this using the command-line version of Git, you'll need to issue the following command in your terminal:
git clone --recursive https://github.com/jstedfast/MimeKit.git
API documentation can be found at http://mimekit.net/docs.
A copy of the xml formatted API documentation is also included in the NuGet and/or Xamarin Component package.